1. Health Tips
Oral health--a window to our wellbeing!
“As soon as we wake up in the morning, we should cleanse our mouth. The inner and outer sides of teeth should be brushed well. The surface of the tongue should be cleaned thoroughly. For, mouth is the front entrance, the gateway for all diseases. While talking to each other we should be cautious of unpleasant odour. Health should thus be protected through hygiene.”…Sathya Sai Baba1
1. Mouth: structure and functions
Mouth (oral cavity) along with lips, cheeks, palate, tongue, gums and teeth enable us to take food and drink, initiate digestion, breathe air, speak and sing, and show emotion, especially a smile! No wonder it is called a mirror of the body!2
At the roof of the mouth is the palate, hard in the front and soft at the rear. The soft palate contains the dangling flesh (uvula) with tonsils on either side like twin pillars holding up the opening to the throat. A healthy tongue, light pink with some white on the surface, is vital for taste, mastication, swallowing, and speech. While chewing food, saliva secreted by the salivary glands in the walls and floor of the mouth begins the digestive process. The fibrous and dense gums line the bony structures (alveolar arches) that contain the teeth. Teeth, essential for cutting, crushing, and chewing food, are 32 in number in an adult comprising four incisors, two canines, four premolars, four molars, and two wisdom teeth (the third molar) in each jaw. Molars have two to three roots and other teeth have one root each. Each tooth is made of four types of tissue -- pulp (innermost part to nourish the tooth), surrounded by hard yellow dentin and protective enamel (hardest tissue in the body), and hard cementum under the gum line to hold the tooth in place. The trigeminal nerve (largest and most complex of the 12 cranial nerves) supplies sensations to the mouth and also acts as the motor nerve for the muscles of mastication (chewing).2,3,4,5
2. Mouth disorders: The mouth, especially a coated tongue and periodontal space between the gums and teeth, is an ideal location for bacterial growth due to its average temperature of 37C (98.6F) and a humidity level of 96%.6 Mouth is also the entry point to our digestive and respiratory tracts.7 Oral infections can travel to other parts of the body as teeth are connected to both cardiovascular and skeletal systems.8 Main cause for oral disorders is a frequent intake of sticky or sugary food and drinks coupled with inadequate cleaning.9
2.1 Plaque is a soft, sticky film of bacteria that forms on teeth and can be removed by brushing. If allowed to remain, it will harden to create tartar or calculus needing professional help to remove it. Combined with sugar or starch from the food, plaque will produce acid causing tooth decay and pave the way for gum diseases.9,10
2.2 Dental caries/cavities are holes in teeth indicating bacterial infection and tooth decay.9,10
2.3 Gingivitis is an infection in gums indicated by bleeding while brushing or flossing the teeth. It precedes and acts as a warning sign for the more serious periodontitis (Pyorrhoea).9,10,11,12
2.4 Periodontal disease: When the oral infection spreads below the gum line to affect the bone and tissues, gums start to recede from the tooth leading to further inflammation, bone loss, and loosening of teeth.9,10,11,12
2.5 Oral skin infections: Cold sores (infectious painful sores around the lips and the mouth, caused by herpes simplex virus); canker sores also called aphthous ulcers (painful sores in the mouth, caused by bacteria or viruses, not contagious, may indicate food sensitivity or deficiency of iron, folate, or vitamin B12); oral lichen planus (white streaks on the tongue in a lace-like pattern, an immune disorder); thrush (white patches in the mouth due to yeast infection); and Leukoplakia (white patches of excess cell growth on the gums, tongue or cheeks, common in smokers, can develop into oral cancer).2,9,13
2.6 Bad breath (halitosis): You may not even know you have bad breath because of gradual tolerance to the smell of your own breath. Caused by food debris and plaque, bad breath may indicate gum disease, cavities, dry mouth, acid reflux/GERD, oral cancer, diabetes (a sweet and fruity odour), or kidney malfunction (if it smells of urine, fish, or ammonia).2,6,9,12,14
2.7 Dry mouth (xerostomia) is lack of enough saliva marked by cracked lips, a dry feeling in the throat, or excessive thirst leading to mouth ulcers, soreness, infections, and tooth decay; smoking makes it worse. Dry mouth can be due to stress, medications, or cancer treatment, or maybe a sign of a disease like diabetes.2,14
2.8 Discolouration/lumps: White or red discoloration in the mouth could be a sign of many problems including oral cancer, especially in older males. A coated tongue may indicate indigestion. Sores, lumps, swelling, or thick patches, accompanied by difficulty in swallowing, chewing, or speaking, or moving the tongue or jaw, or a sore lip or throat which does not heal, need a medical check-up. Oral cancers, if not attended to immediately, can be life-threatening.4,14
2.9 Sensitive teeth: When the protective enamel wears down or gums get infected, teeth become sensitive to any hot, cold, sweet, or sour intake. Excessive or hard brushing, eating acidic foods, and grinding or clenching of teeth may also lead to tooth sensitivity.9,15
2.10 Other oral disorders: Misaligned teeth, impacted tooth (a tooth not erupting like wisdom tooth), burning mouth syndrome (without an obvious cause but could be related to taste and sensory nerves or an underlying medical condition) and genetic abnormalities like cleft lip or cleft palate. When the tongue or lower lip is swollen or enlarged, tongue or gums have a dry cobblestone appearance, saliva is scanty or has a thick consistency, these could indicate salivary stones or an autoimmune disorder. Swelling or pain in the jaw may indicate arthritis. Conversely, a medical condition can result in a mouth disorder eg, chronic acid reflux/GERD may lead to tooth erosion. Diabetes, HIV/AIDS, osteoporosis, and Alzheimer’s disease can worsen oral health problems. Medications can also reduce the saliva flow and lead to diseases.2,7,8,14,16,17
3. Home remedies for:
3.1 Bad breath: Drink plenty of water. Take vitamin C rich fruits like orange, Indian gooseberry, and lemon; these produce enough saliva to kill foul-smelling bacteria. Chew a clove, fennel/anise seeds or betel nut. Rinse with homemade or natural mouthwash or swish cool water.18,19
Caution: Betel or Areca nut (supari), if addicted to, may lead to oral cancer.18,19
3.2 Dry mouth: Keep sipping water but drinking too much water will reduce the mucus film in the mouth and can worsen the problem. Chew figs to activate the salivary glands. Can chew sugar-free hard candy or gum for relief; if it is sweetened by xylitol, it may even help prevent tooth decay. For dry and chaffed lips, apply coconut oil, ghee, oil-based lip balm, or ointment with vitamin E. Take some liquid with dry food and avoid acidic beverages.2,14,20
3.3 Plaque or tartar: Gargle with vinegar solution or rub orange peel or its paste for 2-3 minutes and rinse with warm water, twice a week; brush with one tablespoon of baking soda and a pinch of salt or scrub teeth with aloe vera - baking soda and glycerine once a week; dip the toothbrush in fresh lime juice and gently rub it over the teeth and rinse after a minute, once a fortnight; chew sesame seeds well and then brush with this paste; apply a paste of vitamin C rich fruits like tomato or orange or strawberries (don’t use for sensitive teeth) and rinse after 5 minutes.21
3.4 Toothache and gum disease: Rinse the mouth with warm salt water or use a cold compress to relieve pain, inflammation, and a busted lip. Rinse with 3% hydrogen peroxide diluted with an equal amount of water, to heal bleeding gums and remove plaque too. Chew guava leaves, licorice root (mulethi), fresh garlic, or clove for sensitive teeth. Apply garlic or turmeric paste, or gently massage with clove or peppermint oil.22,23,24,25
3.5 Accidental scalding or burns in the mouth: First drink cool water, then keep a cube of ice or cool water in the mouth for 10 minutes. Breathe through the mouth for a while. Have some honey, yogurt, or cold milk to soothe the mouth. Apply mint toothpaste for relief, or vitamin E oil for relief and tissue regeneration. Avoid hot, crunchy, salty, and acidic foods till the burn is healed.26
4. Tips for oral health: Prevention is better than cure
Dental hygiene is extremely important as it can prevent most infections.2,3,7,27-36
- Brush properly for two minutes, every night before going to bed but ideally, after every meal and if not, rinse mouth preferably with saltwater. The correct technique is to hold the brush at a slight angle aiming the bristles towards the area where the tooth meets the gum, and brush each tooth a few times gently with short circular motions. Remember to brush the outside, inside, and chewing surfaces of teeth as well as your tongue but avoid vigorous or over-brushing. While brushing the inside of the front teeth, hold the brush vertically. Use a toothbrush with a small head and soft bristles and change it every three months. A pea-sized amount of toothpaste is enough; finish brushing with a spit, not a rinse.28 See link29 for a demo on how to and how not to brush.7, 27,28,29,30
- Floss31 once a day to remove bacteria from tight spaces between teeth and under the gum line, before brushing your teeth. Daily oil pulling is good for oral hygiene,32 Resist using a toothpick or other object to prevent injury.7,27,28,29,31,32
- Say NO to tobacco; avoid sugary snacks, tetra pack juice with preservatives, and sticky foods.3,7,27-32
- Regular dental check-up is advisable and also check your tongue for abnormal changes.4,7,28 Develop good dental care practices for children right from infancy.3,33,34
- Take nutritious diet and enough natural vitamin D; eating crisp fruits like apple (has xylitol) and chewing raw vegetables like carrot will clean the teeth and stimulate the gums to generate mouth cleansing saliva.35,36
5. Conclusion: Good dental care from infancy to adulthood is vital for good oral health! Supplement and complement oral hygiene with Sai Vibrionics for prevention as well as cure.
References and Links:
1. Health is wealth”, Divine Discourse, 27 May 2002, Summer Course on Indian Culture and Spirituality: https://sathyasai.org/discour/2002/d020527.pdf, page 1-2.
2. Mouth-functions: https://medlineplus.gov/mouthdisorders.html
3. Mouth structure & function: https://kidshealth.org/en/parents/mouth-teeth.html
4. Tongue colour: https://medicalnewstoday.com/articles/tongue-color#healthy-color
5. Teeth anatomy: https://www.vcdental.com.au/tooth-anatomy-education/
6. Mouth & Bad breath (halitosis): https://verywellhealth.com/bad-breath-causes-of-halitosis-1191875
7. Oral health: a window to your overall health: https://mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/adult-health/in-depth/dental/art-20047475
9. Mouth disorders with pic: https://www.verywellhealth.com/top-common-dental-problems-1059461
10. Plaque, tooth decay & Gum disease: https://mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/gingivitis/symptoms-causes/syc-20354453
11. Tooth decay & gum diseases: https://healthdirect.gov.au/mouth-diseases
12. Gum diseases:Gingivitis & Periodontitis: https://medicinenet.com/gum_disease/article.htm
13. Oral skin disorders: https://healthhub.sg/a-z/diseases-and conditions/412/skin_disorders_in_the_mouth_lips_national_skin_centre; https://mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/canker-sore/symptoms-causes/syc-20370615; https://mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/oral-lichen-planus/symptoms-causes/syc-20350869;
14. Mouth & Breath as an indicator of health: https://keystonehealth.org/blog/mouth-can-tell-health/
15. Causes of Sensitive teeth: https://www.everydayhealth.com/dental-health/10-biggest-causes-of-tooth-sensitivity.aspx;
16. Burning mouth syndrome: https://mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/burning-mouth-syndrome/symptoms-causes/syc-20350911
17. Oral birth defects: https://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/birthdefects/cleftlip.html
19. Caution with betel nut: https://www.healthline.com/health/betel-nut-dangers; https://www.healthline.com/health/betel-nut-dangers#cancer-risk
20. Moisten Dry mouth: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/dry-mouth/expert-answers/dry-mouth/faq-20058424; https://www.colgate.com/en-us/oral-health/dry-mouth/dry-mouth-home-remedies; https://health.clevelandclinic.org/8-tips-to-relieve-your-dry-mouth/
21. Remove plaque/tartar natural way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CChuqOX449w; https://www.carefreedental.com/resources/24-your-teeth/116-19-amazing-home-remedies-for-removing-plaque-naturally
23. Home remedy for gum disease: https://www.healthline.com/health/dental-and-oral-health/gingivitis-home-remedy;
27. Tips: Maintain good oral health: https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/adult-health/in-depth/dental/art-20045536; https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/ten-tips/10-tips-to-look-after-your-teeth
28. Correct brushing of teeth: https://www.dhsv.org.au/dental-advice/general-dental-advice/how-to-brush-your-teeth; https://www.colgate.com/en-in/oral-health/brushing-and-flossing/how-to-brush; https://www.dentalcare.com/en-us/patient-education/patient-materials/manual-brushing-and-flossing
30. How not to brush: https://www.webmd.com/oral-health/features/brushing-teeth-mistakes#3
31. How to Floss video: https://youtube.com/watch?v=rm5oAAeoEnl
32. Oil pulling for oral health: https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/6-benefits-of-oil-pulling; https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/oil-pulling-coconut-oil#TOC_TITLE_HDR_2
33. Kids dental care: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/324708#limit-sugars-and-starches
34. Preventive care tips for children & women: https://www.healthline.com/health/dental-oral-health-prevention; https://medicalnewstoday.com/articles/324708
35. Best diet for oral health: https://dentistry.uic.edu/news-stories/the-best-foods-for-a-healthy-smile-and-whole-body/; https://dentistry.uic.edu/news-stories/eat-fruits-and-veggies-for-a-healthy-smile/; https://www.colgate.com/en-us/oral-health/nutrition-and-oral-health/healthy-foods-list-seven-best-foods-for-your-teeth
36. Top 3 fruits for teeth: https://friscominimolars.com/top-3-fruits-teeth/
2. Covid-19 Updates
2.1 Revised Covid combos (Last updated in Sep/Oct 2020 newsletter)
A. For prophylaxis and treatment: In view of the mutating virus and new variants of Covid-19, our research team has carefully revised the Immunity Booster IB as follows:
For those with 108CC box: CC4.1 Digestion tonic + CC4.2 Liver & Gall bladder tonic + CC9.4 Children’s diseases + CC11.3 Headaches + CC13.1 Kidney & Bladder tonic + CC15.1 Mental & Emotional tonic + CC19.3 Chest infections chronic + CC19.5 Sinusitis + CC19.6 Cough chronic + CC19.7 Throat chronic
For those without 108CC box but having SRHVP: BR4 Fear + BR9 Digestion + SM26 Immunity + SM27 Infection + SM31 Lung & Chest + SM40 Throat + SR272 Arsen Alb 30C + SR277 Bryonia 30C + SR291 Gelsemium 30C
Dosage: OD on waking, as preventive; TDS in case of suspected infection (mild symptoms such as a slight cough). If tested positive, one dose every hour for 6 hours, then 6TD tapering down to QDS - TDS - BD - OD on improvement
B. For recuperation: On recovery, if tired in body and mind with low energy:
For those with 108CC box: CC9.4 Children’s diseases + CC11.3 Headaches + CC12.1 Adult tonic + CC15.1 Mental & Emotional tonic + CC19.7 Throat chronic
For those without 108CC box but having SRHVP: NM75 Debility + SM18 Digestion + SM24 Glandular + SM27 Infection + SM41 Uplift + SR291 Gelsemium 30C
Dosage: OD at night before going to bed, while continuing IB at the patient's current dosage.
It is important that patients are encouraged to strictly follow the guidelines given by their health authorities and any allopathic treatment should be continued and NOT discouraged at any time.
C. For side effects of vaccination: SR318 Thuja 30C
For those with only 108CC box: CC9.4 Children’s diseases
Dosage: OD at night, two days before vaccination and 10 days from the day of vaccination, while continuing IB at OD on waking.
2.2 Some experiences with IB from around the globe
Prevention is better than cure 1001…Uruguay
An 86-year-old woman began taking our IB remedy as soon as the first cases of Covid-19 appeared in her country in March 2020. She lives with her 57-year-old daughter and 23-year-old granddaughter, both of whom did not want to take IB. A few days after attending a birthday party around Christmas, the young girl developed high fever and other symptoms of Covid-19; she was tested positive on 30 December. Immediately the other two women took the Covid test. While the mother tested positive, the grandmother was negative. She is happy and grateful as she believes that vibrionics IB continues to protect her from the virus.
Positive response of hospital management to IB 00512…Slovenia
Although Slovenia's healthcare system does not recognise alternative healing methods, the management at our practitioner's regional hospital has adopted the regular use of the Immunity Booster IB. They got convinced that this remedy for Covid-19 is not only effective but achieves faster recovery. On her own initiative, the practitioner started to broadcast on 26 October 2020 to four patients who were in the hospital in critical condition. They were on respirators and intubated, having been diagnosed with Covid pneumonia, acute respiratory insufficiency with at least 5-7 other disorders. After 28 days of distant treatment, the results of all the tests (haematological, biochemical, gas analysis, immunochemistry, urine, coagulation etc) of one patient were found to be normal and he was discharged. Within the next 7 days, the same happened to the other three patients. The doctors were amazed at the effectiveness of the vibrionics system. The hospital management were so impressed that they remarked “Vibrionics is not only the future but also the very present of medicine!”
Fast relief of Covid symptoms 03578…France
This 73-year-old female had been suffering from pain in the abdomen and in the joints and muscles all over her body for 2 months. She felt feverish, tired, and extremely exhausted. She feared that she had Covid-19, though did not go for a test. On 26 April 2020, the practitioner gave her IB and within two days, she started to improve and over the next five days, her normal functioning was 100% restored. Even nine months later she has had no recurrence.
3. Interesting Anecdotes
3.1. Travelling with newly-adopted puppy 01339...USA
On 25 October 2020, the practitioner flew 800 miles to pick up an eight-week-old female miniature poodle puppy. She was concerned that the three-pound (1.4 kg) pup would cry from stress and fear, leaving her mother for a stranger; not only this but subsequently imprisoned in a carrier box and stored under airplane seat for a two-hour return flight. So before leaving home she had prepared a remedy CC1.1 Animal tonic + CC15.1 Mental & Emotional tonic + CC15.6 Sleep disorders in distilled water in a 3 ml dropper bottle. Sure enough, the tiny pup began to cry at the airport during their almost five-hour wait before the flight. A dropper-full of remedy was given and in two minutes the pup dropped off to sleep. For the next five nights, the puppy received this remedy at the first sign of distress or exhaustion. Each time the pup fell asleep within two-three minutes. After five nights it was no longer needed. Vibrionics was the drug-free, stress-free answer to an otherwise traumatic experience for a young puppy.
The practitioner’s neighbours had been suffering from severe fatigue, diarrhoea, and vomiting for over two weeks ever since their return from a holiday abroad. The couple, in their late fifties, are very successful practitioners of a bio-resonance system of healing using Platonic solids and Lecher’s antenna to measure subtle energies. Unlike before, they failed to heal themselves for the first time in their lives. The allopathic examination had found no pathogens to explain their symptoms. A clairvoyant diagnosed "negative energy" and digestive disturbances. On 7 March 2020, the couple consulted the practitioner who gave CC4.6 Diarrhoea + CC10.1 Emergencies + CC12.1 Adult tonic + CC15.2 Psychiatric disorders + CC17.2 Cleansing for oral intake and CC15.2 Psychiatric disorders + CC17.2 Cleansing in water to spray around the house and on themselves. To their great astonishment with merely one spray of the second remedy, the wife felt something coming out of her entire body and she slept off and the next day upon waking she felt free from this bad energy. The husband felt better but not completely relieved.
After three days all physical symptoms completely disappeared for both of them. Still, the wife felt the presence of a black band obscuring the spiritual light which earlier she was able to see clearly. By 20 March, after just two weeks of treatment, they both reached 100% recovery and the wife's vision cleared. In excitement, the neighbour invited the practitioner to his home on 14 July to witness his recent discovery using his Lecher antenna. The vibrational remedy #2 soared to a stunningly high 150,000 -180,000 Bovis* on his calibrating device. By comparison, a healthy human vibrates only at around 12,500 Bovis (100,000 Bovis are considered to indicate high spiritual energies). The couple had been told of Swami only once but they were convinced that the remedy’s power can only be due to the spiritual power of Sathya Sai Baba. The couple continues to use the spray!
*Bovis is a frequency scale to measure the life force.
On 2 February 2021, our practitioner's 92-year-old mother had a fall in the bathroom. She was immediately moved to her bed and vibhuti applied on her forehead while the practitioner administered CC10.1 Emergencies in water. He called his relative, an orthopaedic surgeon, who advised giving Zerodol painkiller. Also, a technician came to the house with an X-ray machine which revealed a broken left hip (Sub capital fracture, N.F. left side). The surgeon did not advise an operation due to her age; so the practitioner prepared CC10.1 Emergencies + CC20.6 Osteoporosis + CC20.7 Fractures...a dose every 30 minutes in water. This gave his elderly mother great relief from pain! When another relative, a general surgeon, dropped by and enquired of the exact location of the pain, to his amazement she replied, "There is no pain". Remarking that a broken femur neck is very painful, he asked which painkiller was she given? Leaning that she was only taking vibro, the surgeon's reaction was that the remedy must be extremely powerful, otherwise, this is impossible. Though confined to her bed, she takes no medicines other than vibro and continues to be pain-free.
4. ‘Happiness’ medicine for troops deployed in difficult terrain
Vibrionics administration received a request for a remedy that could help personnel who remain separated from their families for most of their service and are under huge physical, psychological, and organisational stress. The isolation and long periods of duty in operational areas, where they often see in front of their eyes colleagues being shot, cause grief and constant fear of death. The resultant sense of anxiety, fear, stress, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder, would at times develop into suicidal tendencies amongst them. Guided by Swami during meditation, the research team worked on creating a suitable combo: NM95 Rescue Plus + BR3 Depression + BR4 Fear + BR7 Stress + SM1 Removal of Entities + SM2 Divine Protection + SM4 Stabilising + SM5 Peace & Love Alignment + SM39 Tension + SM41 Uplift. It was named ‘Happiness’.
On 29 October 2020, nine SVPs started broadcasting the combo to the troops until they could receive vials of ‘Happiness’. Then started the dispatch of supplies - plastic vials, sugar pills, and 30 ml dropper bottles of liquid remedy. A virtual training session was conducted on 26 December for 18 persons to introduce them to Vibrionics. A demonstration was given on how to prepare remedy vials to be given to the troops, along with instructions on its dose, dosage, and precautions to be observed for taking and storing them. Within a period of 30 days, each of the 8013 persons taking the remedy had reported 100% wellbeing. We are delighted to share that the second consignment of the supplies is on its way and there is demand for Vibrionics for other ailments too.
5. In Memoriam
Along with Swami Ananda (see “From the Desk”), we bid farewell to two, valued practitioners who truly dedicated their later years to vibrionics and were a great inspiration to practitioners and patients alike. They have both left the legacy of their beautiful seva.
Shri Laxmikant Sharad Konnur 02836 (profiled in Vol 10 Issue 3) from Kolhapur, Maharashtra passed away on 1 Jan 2021, after recovering from Covid-19 in Dec 2020, days before his 72nd birthday. All the practitioners in the district looked up to him for support and guidance. Our hearts go out to his wife Practitioner 10648 who trained together with her husband 12 years ago and continues the seva.
Shri Suresh Chakravarty 10132 from Guwahati Assam was still eagerly serving at the age of 87 before he passed away peacefully on 18 August 2020. After retiring as chairman of the State Pollution Control Board he served in the Sai Organisation as District coordinator for many years.